While there is nothing quite like living near the water, having all that spectacular beauty outside your door comes with some inherent problems. The salty, moist air causes moss to grow in places it wouldn’t normally, and your home’s exterior can quickly become a green breeding ground. A bleach and water compound can help in small areas, but when you add in the grime caused by living in a densely populated city, you can see a real need to have your home undergo pressure washing on a regular basis. Pressure washing can quickly rid an area of this buildup, but only if the pressure is great enough to tackle your project. There are some things to check on when you’re hiring a company to handle your pressure washing in San Francisco, CA.
What to Look For
- The company should use a washer that has a 3,500 psi of pressure, which is strong enough to cut through the toughest grime. Water temperature should be 200 degrees to dissolve and kill the moss.
- You want to use a company who will perform the job quickly and not interfere with your life and work.
- They should be able to work on any size project, from a small home to a large office building.
- Since moss and grime don’t stop at the exterior walls, be sure the company can also clean brick and paver walkways, patios, flagstone, slate, and aggregate surfaces, as well as wooden decks.
- The work crew should be covered by workmen’s compensation and should be professionally attired, courteous, and efficient.
- The crew should cover any exterior plants that may be affected by the spray. They should also cover any windows. Once the job is finished, they should uncover anything that had been protected, and restore it to its original condition.
- The company should be aware of the Bay area’s storm management regulations, and should block any storm drains prior to beginning their operation. They should also pump away any wastewater in order to protect your home and the environment.
- The company should be licensed, bonded, and insured. They should also be members of the local Better Business Bureau (BBB) and be a member of the Bay Area Stormwater Management Agencies Association.
These are a few things to keep in mind when selecting a company to handle your pressure washing in San Francisco CA.